Are you looking for a unique gift idea for weddings, housewarmings, birthday’s or other special occasions? I came up with this Bath Bouquet Gift Idea as a Mother’s Day present for my mom and grandmother. It was a total last minute gift idea. They loved them & I was thrilled with how they came out. You could also do this with kitchen towels and dishcloths to make a Kitchen Bouquet Gift instead. Read the tutorial of how to make this Bath Bouquet Gift and tissue paper flowers below.
What you will need:
– Planter Containers for whichever size you decide to make (these were purchased at a discount store, the small one was $3 and the large was $6, I also purchased the plates that go with them so my gift recipients can use the planters for real plants later on)
– Hand Towels & Washcloths (and Bath Towels too for the larger size bouquet). (I used 2 Hand Towels in the smaller one and then 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths in the larger, I would have had room to do 4 washcloths and just 2 paper flowers if I wanted to) You could also use dish towels and dish cloths to make this a kitchen bouquet.
– Tissue Paper that matches your color scheme for the flowers
– Green Tissue Paper for the “leaves”
– Mesh Bath Sponge (for the larger planter)
– Rubber Bands & Scissors
How to Make the Tissue Paper Flowers:
– Take 2 pieces of tissue paper, one lighter and one darker & place them together.
– Fold them accordion style, with pleats about an inch or inch and a half wide, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
– Once folded up, cut the paper in the middle so that you have 2 smaller folded sets.
– Take the accordion folded tissue paper and fold it in half.
– Place a rubber band around the bottom of your tissue paper to keep it together
– Now just gently separate and pull the tissue paper around to make it look like a flower.
– Place the Q-Tips in the center and pull part of the rubber band up around the bottom of the Q-Tips to hold them in place so they look like the Piston of the “flower”
How to Make the Bath Bouquet:
– Add height to the planter. Place a hand towel in the bottom of the smaller planter or a bath towel in the bottom of the larger planter. This will give it height so your items are on “top” of the planter. If you do not want to include additional bath towels you can use crumpled plastic grocery bags to fill the bottom of your planters instead.
– Roll the hand towels and washcloths. You will want to have the washcloths folded in half before rolling and triple fold the hand towels before rolling. Place a rubber band around the center of the rolled up cloth or towel to hold it in place.
– Take a green piece of tissue paper and line the inside of the planter with it to make the “leaves”
– Then simply add your rolled up cloths / towels and fill in the empty spots with the tissue paper flowers
– For the larger bouquet, add the mesh bath sponge to the center
That’s all there is to it. The possibilities with this gift idea are endless! I would love to hear what you think so please leave a comment below. If you like this idea, be sure to Pin, Tweet & Share it too. Thanks so much!
Thanks so much to Sew Can Do for featuring my Bath Bouquet post on their Craftastic Monday Link Party!
This post may be linked up at any or all of these great linky parties