The leaves have all began to change colors and chilly nights and cool, crisp days are upon us. Before we know it we will be gathering with family and friends to celebrate and give thanks for all the blessings this year has given us.
I love Thanksgiving because it is really just about sharing good food and good fellowship with the important people in our lives. I also love the smorgasbord of delicious eats and treats we get to enjoy. My dad always makes the turkey and my mom, grandmother and I take care of the side dishes and desserts.
I have been trying to eat healthier and substituting healthier ingredients in some of my favorite dishes. Here is a recipe for Healthier Loaded Mashed Potatoes. They taste just as good as their not so healthy alternative.
- 8 Red Potatoes (or Yukon Gold)
- 4 Tablespoons Brummel & Brown Spread
- 1/3 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream OR Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 6 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 cup of Low Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: 1/4 cup of Chives
- Bake Potatoes in a baking dish in the oven, place about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the dish to help steam. (You can also bake or steam them in the microwave in a microwave safe container)
- Place Turkey Bacon Slices on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until cooked /crisp
- Mash Potatoes in a bowl with a Potato Masher
- Add in Sour Cream / Yogard, Brummel & Brown, Milk, Garlic and Cheese and mix well
- Crumble Turkey Bacon and sprinkle on top
Be sure to check out my other Recipes here. I would love it if you would comment and/or share this post too. Thank you!