This is one of my favorite family recipes. It is a sweet, delicious treat for any fall or winter gathering. It also works great as a yummy Thanksgiving dessert recipe too! I hope you enjoy this Southern Yam Pineapple Casserole Recipe! You can also add pecans or walnuts to it. I used Brummel & Brown instead of butter to save on calories.
Southern Yam Pineapple Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 can yams/sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Brummel & Brown spread
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 egg, beaten
- Drain yams & pineapples
- Beat all ingredients (except the marshmallows) together until mixed well / smooth.
- Use Brummel & Brown to lightly coat the baking dish.
- Place 1/2 of mixture in the baking dish & dot w/ marshmallows.
- Add remaining mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & top w another layer of marshmallows.
- Replace in oven just long enough to lightly brown / begin to melt the marshmallows (approximately 5 – 6 minutes)