Last year I made these Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes for a girls night. Not only were they absolutely divine but they were really easy and affordable to make! I found the recipe on BettyCrocker.com but I changed it up a little bit as you can see below from the ingredients and instructions.
- 1 box of French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 container of Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 Pint of fresh strawberries or 1/2 bag of frozen strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of fat free sour cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of pureed fresh or frozen strawberries
- Pink Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water & sour cream in a large bowl with a spatula or big spoon until smooth
- Cut tops of strawberries (if using fresh ones) or Thaw out Frozen Strawberries
- Mash Strawberries with a potato masher or large wooden spoon
- Cut Cream Cheese into small squares about 1/4th inch thick
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan
- Fill cupcake cups about 1/3 full.
- Place a small square of cream cheese in each cup and push down into the batter a little.
- Spoon a small tablespoon of the strawberries on top of the cream cheese
- Spoon a small teaspoon more of batter on top of each cupcake
- Shake the pan to get the batter more even.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. The strawberries might show on top of the cupcake, this is ok.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 30 minutes
- Cover with frosting, sprinkles and a strawberry on top
- Serve & Enjoy!
Look at all the yummy cream cheese and strawberry goodness oozing out of the middle of that cupcake! These were so good! One thing to keep in mind when you make them, be sure to put more cake batter over top of the cream cheese & strawberries. I had a few that I did not get enough batter on top of and the middle basically fell in so they looked more like craters than cupcakes. I just filled the hole up with more of the icing on those cupcakes. 😉
This post may be linked up at any or all of these great linky parties