I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes to make for parties: a Pineapple Chipotle Sweet & Spicy Cheese ball! This is something I make for a lot of gatherings and parties with friends. There are a million ways to make a cheese ball. I like this one because it works great as a cheese ball or just a dip even. It is sweet and spicy at the same time. You can serve it with crackers, wheat thins or even tortilla chips so it satisfies all those salty, sweet and spicy cravings. You can find the recipe and instructions below for how to make my Sweet & Spicy Cheese ball.
Sweet & Spicy Cheese Ball:
- 16 oz cream cheese (use Fat Free Cream Cheese or Neufchatel cheese for a low fat version)
- 1 large can of crushed pineapple
- 1-2 cups of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons of Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (any kind of chipotle will work or crushed red pepper)
- 2-3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain pineapple (ok to leave a little juice)
- Mix above ingredients together well. (some people prefer to wait and roll the cheese ball in the chopped nuts, I personally prefer to mix it all together.)
- Form into a ball & refrigerate for 2+ hours before serving.
- Serve with Wheat Thins or Crackers (or Carrot & Celery Sticks for a healthier version)
If you liked this post I would LOVE it if you would leave a comment below and also share it, tweet it or pin it. Thank you!!!