I was blessed to grow up in a Christian home and began learning Bible lessons and stories at a young age. I believe it is important to begin teaching and showing children the values and lessons from the Bible when they are young. It definitely leaves an impact as they get older.
A few ways you can begin sharing the Bible with your kids include:
– Reading a Children’s Bible or Bible Story book with them
– Doing plays and skits with them helping out act the parts
– Watching Children’s DVD’s and movies
– Attending a church with an active Children’s Church / Sunday School
– Taking them to Vacation Bible Schools in the Summer
– Doing family devotions and including them
– Leading & teaching by example is of course the most important. Children mimic what their parents do so teaching them by our own actions, word choices and lives will make the biggest impact.
Technology is very different now than it was when I was a child. (Which really wasn’t that long ago!) I think it is wonderful that there are free apps like The Children’s Bible for your iPad now that you can share with your children.
The Children’s Bible app currently offers 84 books. Each book is well illustrated will colorful images, sound effects and music. There 3 free books you can check out and the other books are available for purchase at affordable prices. The books included in this app are the same ones that have been printed in hard copy form and sold around the world for many years. There are stories for ages zero to teenagers and even some for adults. The stories are true to the Bible as well which is very important.
What I think is really neat about this app is that you and your children can choose several different ways to read the books. You (or your kids) can read the stories yourself just like you are reading a traditional book. You can also record yourself or your spouse or the child’s grandparent reading the story so the child can listen to it being read by someone they love. Children can also choose to have the books read to them by the app or to even watch the book as an animated movie.
To download the app or learn more, click here. If you enjoy the app, be sure to leave a review on their iTunes page too.
What about you? What was your favorite Bible story when you were a child or what is your kid’s favorite story now? Feel free to comment and share below!
*Disclosure: This is a paid post on behalf of GigCoin. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.